Miami, Florida is one of the most exciting multicultural cities in the world. It is offering plenty of sun, beach, and style and it is well-known for its beaches and active nightlife. But it also offers cultural attractions, museums, concerts, sporting events, etc. It more than a good news if you have found your ideal Miami home to relocate. When relocating to Miami, prepare yourself to be blown away by the sight you’ll get to experience. However, you should take care of safety when making a Miami move. Although everything about Miami may seem amazing, the actual relocation is the part that can bring you into some trouble if you aren’t cautious. But don’t worry. We are here to help you and give you some useful tips on how to make a smooth Miami move. On the website: orangemover.com you can find some more advice to help you move safely.
Prepare yourself to do a lot of research
In order to stay safe during a Miami move, you need to collect a lot of information. Before moving to this breathtaking city, you must be aware of the fact that, although moving is an exciting adventure, it is also one stressful process that can be difficult to execute. Therefore, prepare yourself well – there is a lot of research to do. We are here to support you with all the investigation and planning. Also, we will help you make up your mind so you can hire a reliable moving company that will suit you. What you need is that a mover takes the time to get to know you and your needs. You need a staff is that is extremely dedicated and that will give you all the time and attention you deserve.
How to take care of safety when moving to Miami?
Avoid moving scams and frauds
Be cautious when choosing a moving company for your move to Miami. That will prevent you from dealing with moving scams. Also, it will save you a lot of money on moving costs.
What is a moving scam?
A moving scam is a broad term for fraudulent activities by a moving company. They use unlawful tactics to get more money from their customers in a cunning way. It’s all about the money, of course. The better you understand the different types of moving scams, the more protected you will stay from moving company frauds. And those scams could really hurt your moving budget.
What to do to avoid being scammed?
When you search for a moving company in Florida, you need to be aware of rogue movers. Fraudulent movers are companies that do not work with usual decent procedures. Since they are uncontrolled, unlicensed and uninsured, they have no reason to comply with any standards. They may hold your things hostage, demand higher charges or operate in illegal conditions. Unfortunately, many people are victims of rogue movers. Many people are affected by these illegal moving companies. If you know the warning signs and are aware of the red flags, you can avoid moving scams.
Take precautions in order to avoid moving scams. Spot a rogue mover by:
- Unprofessional phone etiquette-
When you call a moving company, the person answering the phone should be professional and polite. Be cautious if he uses a generic greeting, such as “Movers” or “Moving Company” rather than mentioning the company name.
- Fake moving reviews and false certifications- Dishonest moving companies know how important the initial research is when people are looking for a moving company. They want to make their own employees leave positive comments about the company itself. The point is to fool more customers that they are a top-notch moving company.
- Large deposits- Reputable moving companies will not demand cash or large deposits in advance. In most cases, you pay the mover the agreed amount after the delivery of your goods. So, be extremely cautious if a mover wants your money before they have delivered your items to your home.
More signs of fraudulent activities
- Your items held as a hostage- The worst case scenario when you deal with dishonest movers is to have your goods held hostage. The mover will force you to pay to have your belongings back. Things could get even worse if some of your goods are expensive or valuable items. Then, the fake movers could just disappear without a trace.
- Low estimates- Be aware of any mover that gives a particularly low estimate. It may be easy to give in and hire a rogue mover offering a attracting low estimate. Even though they say the price will be low, there is nothing stopping them from raising the price later on.
- Negative reviews- Another good way to identify a rogue mover is to check for negative comments. Look the company up on the Better Business Bureau to see if other people have had negative experiences.
- Unmarked moving vehicles- Check if the mover uses rental or blank trucks. This can be a sign of a fraudulent moving company.
Why is a reliable local mover better than insurance?
Way more important than buying moving insurance is to have local movers who you can rely on. Take your time and do your research. Find the best Miami movers you can possibly get in order to mind your safety. Read other people’s reviews. If you have friends who have recently moved, ask them to give you a recommendation. Narrow the results of your research to a few local moving services and give them a call. Though it’s likely that all the calls will sound similar, listen for the details. How polite do they seem, how serviceable? Ask them as many questions as you want. They should make you feel at ease even before you make a deal.
Make the best choice
Once you gather all the information you need, make a choice. Determine the day of the move and start packing. Make sure that you label your boxes clearly, so your movers know exactly what they are handling. Let them know which boxes should they pay special attention to. Also, if you have any preferences regarding the order in which you want your stuff moved, let them know. How much really valuable stuff do you have? Try to make a list and add an estimated value to every item. If the resulting sum is significant, think about getting a moving insurance. But, it’s likely that it will add up to be just a little over the amount you’d pay for the insurance. And in this case, hiring a reliable, professional local moving service is really more important than spending an extra few hundred bucks on moving insurance.