New York City is capital of New York state. Moving to an amazing city such as New York is an exciting decision. But that involves a lot of forethought and planning. Before you move, choose a neighborhood you want to live in, and find an apartment. Then you can start your move, and U. Santini Moving and Storage Brooklyn is a perfect company for it. Plan all the details of the move. Moving to the Big Apple is a great opportunity for you and your family if you are moving with kids. NYC is a large, culturally diverse, and dynamic city, because of that you have a lot to learn about moving there.
Boroughs in New York City. Where to move?
There are five boroughs in the Big Apple. Each of them is special in its own way. The first thing is to know where to move.
- Brooklyn -This is the most populous borough in NYC. Brooklyn is home to incredible diversity, and many neighborhoods are ideal families. If you chose this part of town to be your future home, then you will need reliable long distance moving professionals in Brooklyn. Your belongings are too valuable to move them alone.
- Manhattan– It is the economic and administrative center and the most densely populated borough of NYC. Manhattan is the only borough that is referred to as just The City. You have everything there, and everyone is welcome. Moving to the Big Apple could be a great opportunity for you, especially in Manhattan.
- The Bronx– The number of home sales in the Bronx has increased by 35% in 2016 and the major investors are also arriving here. If you are a Yankee fan, the Bronx is borough for you. You can visit the Yankee stadium all the time.
- Queens – Queens is the largest borough in NYC. The beauty of Queens lies in ethnic diversity. 56% of Queens’s population age 5 and older spoke a mother language other than English. Queens is the best choice for living and buying a house because it has the most affordable neighborhoods in the Big Apple.
- Staten Island – Artists, musicians, and actors have been moving to Staten Island’s North Shore so they can be near Manhattan. Also, at the same time, they have affordable space to live. This borough has thousands of acres of federal, state, and local parkland.
Prepare for moving to the Big Apple
New York City is the city for everyone. It has the best neighborhoods for retirees and also the best NYC neighborhoods for millennials. However, you need to be prepared for this move. Also, you must be mentally prepared. Make a list of priorities. Grab a piece of paper and write it down.
Condo vs House
Where do you want to live? Find a good real estate agent and tell him what you want in your new home and what is your budget. Make a wish list. How many bedrooms and bathrooms, do you want open concept kitchen, living room, and dining room, furnished or not? Be prepared for compromises, New York is an expensive city.
Sort and purge
Go through every room and decide what you’d like to keep and what you can get rid of. This is a chance to throw away all the unnecessary things. Separate fragile items in a special box. Your clothes, and shoes in the other box. Also, start using up things that you don’t want to move, like frozen or perishable foods.
Items such as important files, jewelry, watches and other stuff, add to a safe box that you will personally transport to your new home in New York City. Whether that’s sentimental value or monetary it doesn’t matter. Jewelry can easily get tangled so pay attention. If items are delicate, make sure you wrap them carefully. You can put them in special packaging materials.
Change of address
Go to your local post office and fill out a change-of-address form. If you don’t have a time, you can change your address online. But in case there are stragglers, it’s always a solution to ask a close neighbor or friend to look out for mail after you’ve moved. For example, 2-3 weeks after the move.
Moving with kids, an additional problem
If you have kids, go to your children’s school and arrange for their records to be transferred to their new school. Also, prepare your children for this big step. Explain to them how this will be a great opportunity. Involve your children in the selection process of the new home too. Ask them what they want in a new house.
Find a reliable Moving company
You can hire a moving company. If you have a lot of furniture, then that’s the thing you should do. Moving to the Big Apple can be so challenging, albeit you are moving short distance or long distance. Why worry and make it harder, when you can find a moving company, whenever you need it. One month before moving, get written confirmation from you moving company of your moving date, and other details you need.
Moving to the Big Apple doesn’t have to be difficult. You just need to be prepared, in every sense of the word. With these tips, your new life will be much easier, we hope. New York City is the center of the world. Everywhere is exciting and there are a lot of people. It is a great place for education, carrier, and nightlife too. Be prepared and make the first step. If you are still thinking about moving there, watch this NYC tour.