Are you moving to college soon? One of the tasks to do is to pack your room and to start your life in a college dorm. Even if you are moving for the first time, packing tips for college students can be very handy. Or on the other hand, if you are moving for a summer break or moving after college, tips cannot hurt, just help.
Packing tips for college students
You don’t have to freak out when moving away for college or moving after you have finished it. We have created some do’s and don’ts to follow when packing as a college student.
This is the list of things to do when packing for college.
- Make a list of things to move to college. Moving can be really stressful and most people forget to pack even the most important things. Pack items you need the most, you cannot just grab a bunch of things because keep in mind that you will share a dorm room with a roommate.
- Ask your parent and friends who have moved to college for help or advice. They have already been there, so their hacks can be very useful.
- Pack clothes on their hangers and don’t waste time separating clothes and folding them. Pack your suitcase with clothes you will wear for sure.
- Talk to your roommate and see who will pack what. You don’t need two coffee makers or two toasters, for instance. Also, ask him/her about packing tips for college students and share experiences.
- Pack business-worthy outfits because you may have interviews during the college. Many companies are visiting colleges, looking for young and creative people.
Of course, there are some things you should not do when packing for college. Here is what.
- Don’t pack off-season clothing because you won’t have enough storage space in a dorm room. It is better to go back to your parent’s house to grab more clothes after a few months.
- Don’t skimp on toiletries and towels, you will have a chance to get to the store again after a while, so better be safe than sorry.
- Packing items in suitcases is an option only if you will send them back. Instead of suitcases, use moving boxes.
- Don’t forget to pack shower shoes, extra linens, and pillow cases. Also, you should pack an essential moving box. Include items that you will need right after moving and a few days after moving to college.
- Don’t forget to label all your moving boxes on the tops and at least one side of a box.
These were only essential packing tips for college students, but you should ask for more to have an easier relocation to college. College life will be probably the best time of your life, so use it wisely. Good luck!