Having a home with a big backyard and a pool is a dream for most people, especially for those who live in warm places such as Florida. But, before buying a house with a pool in Florida there are some things to know and to consider. As you may assume, it has benefits and disadvantages, and also, you need to be prepared. Should you purchase it or not?
Best places in Florida to buy a house
Do you want to raise a family in Florida and you want to move to a place that is good and safe for families, but also good to invest in real estate? First of all, you need to choose places where to buy a house in Florida. Start from there and then search for homes in that area.
- West Meadows
- South Patrick Shores
- Port St. John
- June Park
- Bayshore Gardens
No matter which place you will choose as your new home, you will probably need help with relocating all your household items to your new house with a pool. Depending on the place, choose a professional mover from that area. Broward experts offer quality moving services that will make your relocation easy and stress-free.
Things to know when buying a house with a pool in Florida
If you are considering buying a house with a swimming pool in one of the Florida neighborhoods, it may change your lifestyle. Buying that type of house is a serious consideration and a big commitment. Generally speaking, buying a house is a big step in life, no matter where and what type and size of home are you buying. S0, here are some things to pay attention to.
- Do you really need a pool? – first of all, determine do you really need a pool in your house and how much will you use it. Yes, your house will look beautiful and luxurious with a pool, but if you love more swimming in the ocean, then save money for something else, rather than buying a house with a pool in Florida.
- Inspecting the house – if you have fallen in love with a house in Florida that has a swimming pool, before buying it, book an appointment with a certified pool company besides inspecting a house. Make sure water lines are leak-free, test the pump pressure, the heater, etc.
- Research and employ – research municipal bylaws for private pools because there may be some differences. Contact and hire a pool company in your area about maintenance and pool repairs and ask them about the costs of those services.
- Safety – if you have young kids (babies and/or toddlers), big pools may be dangerous. Protect your kids and if you don’t feel safe about having a pool right now, then make a different plan.
- Prepare more finances – houses with a swimming pool in Florida are more expensive than houses without pools. Not only that, annual costs for cleaning pool maintenance, repairs are also higher, but it is worth it.
Moving to a new house in FL
Of course, after buying a new home in Florida, it is time to move your belongings there and to start a new life there. How to transport items with ease and stress-free? The easiest and safest solution is to hire Pro Movers Florida. A professional moving company with experience will do it faster than you will. You can focus on decorating and furnishing your house and after that, relax by a pool.
Pros of buying a house with a pool
There are a lot of advantages to having a pool in a warm place such as Florida. The weather is on your side, so when deciding do you want a pool or not, read some of the pros and imagine yourself relaxing by a pool with your favorite drink after work.
- If you want to make a pool or to upgrade the current one, it may increase home value. So, in the future, if you want to sell your house, you may get a better price.
- The best way to relax with friends and family (or alone) is near the pool and you can cool off when it is very hot in Florida – which is often.
- If you love to host parties and dinners, the pool is great for entertainment. Throw a party after moving and invite new neighbors and your friends. Also, you can organize parties whenever you want. A pool is a great excuse for that.
- With a pool, you may feel very zen and also, your body will look great because every muscle is working when swimming. You will feel relaxed, healthy, and fit because of exercise.
Cons of buying a house with a pool
When moving into a new house, you need to consider bad sides too. Here are some cons of having a house with a pool.
- Unfortunately, not all people want a house with a pool, so it may make your house less marketable if you want to sell it someday.
- Be prepared for lots of maintenance because they need to be treated with chemicals. You can do it by yourself if you know, or hire a company to do monthly maintenance for you.
- Swimming pools can be dangerous, so keep that in mind. Parents with small children do not prefer having a pool.
- The pool takes a lot of yard space, so if you prefer a big yard, a pool may occupy valuable space for other activities.
- Home insurance is higher when having a pool. Be prepared financially for all those additional costs.
As you can see, there are a lot of things to consider when buying a house with a pool in Florida, because it is a big responsibility. But, it is worth it because having a pool in your backyard does not have a price.